Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
New Businesses
Business License
Before opening up your doors for business, you will need to obtain a Business License from the Finance Department to operate in Civic City. Contact the Finance Department with any questions.

Home Occupations
A home occupation is a business use that is operated out of a residence. Before conducting a business out of your home, contact the Finance Department for a Business License application for a home based business. Applications will require review and approval by various City departments prior to issuance of a business license.

The criteria used by the Planning Division for reviewing home occupation applications can be found in Chapter 18.48 of the Zoning Code, and generally include the items listed below. Please refer to Chapter 18.48 for a complete and detailed list of the home occupation criteria.
  • The business use shall be clearly incidental and secondary to the residential use
  • The home occupation shall be carried on solely by a resident of the home and conducted only in one room of the residence or garage
  • The appearance of the residence shall not be altered, and no signs or displays shall be used to identify the home occupation
  • The following uses are expressly prohibited: repair or construction of motor vehicles and large appliances; massage parlors; dating services; photo schools; and dance studios

City of Yerington • 102 S. Main St. Yerington, NV 89447 • 775-463-3511
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices