Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
HomeEmail pagePrint page
Renovating An Existing Building
If you’re planning to locate your business in an existing building but want to make physical improvements to the inside and/or outside of the building, you may need to secure permits and/or design review approval first.

Contact the Building Division to determine if a Tenant Improvement Permit or other permit is required. Also contact the Planning Division to determine the level of design review required for any exterior improvements. Depending on the extent of the changes, one of the following levels of design review may apply:
  • Administrative Staff review (very minor alterations only)
  • Architectural Review Board Subcommittee review (minor alterations)
  • Architectural Review Board review (major alterations)

It is recommended that you also contact the Public Works Department for applicable Impact Fees. Depending on the extent of the renovation, approvals from outside agencies such as Civic County Fire Department may also be required.

Constructing A New Building
The Development Process Flowchart provides a general overview of the steps involved with constructing a new building for a proposed business.

Applicants are encouraged to contact other City departments for their specific requirements, including the Building Division for Building Code requirements; Public Works Department for Impact Fees; and the Civic County Fire Department for Fire Code requirements.

City of Yerington • 102 S. Main St. Yerington, NV 89447 • 775-463-3511
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices