Click to Home
Go To Search
Click to Home
Secondary Dwellings
A secondary dwelling (attached or detached) on a single lot of record to be used for in-laws-quarters, a guesthouse, or rental, are allowed in residential districts if minimum development standards of the zoning district can be met.  Secondary dwellings units shall be subject to the same development standards as the principal dwelling and with additional requirements found in City of Yerington Building Code Title 9.

It is recommended that you contact the Public Works Department to determine if there are any requirements such as impact fee, encroachment permits, or utility service standards.

It is also recommended that you contact the Fire Department to determine if fire suppression systems and/or emergency access roadways are required. Certain fire suppression systems are required if the proposed floor area of the structure exceeds thresholds and/or if the property is in a fire hazard zone.

For more information, contact the Building Department at (775) 463-2729.

City of Yerington • 102 S. Main St. Yerington, NV 89447 • 775-463-3511
Home Home  |  Email Page Email Page  | Print Page Print  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  Contact Us  |  Accessibility  |  Site Map |  Renewable Energy Windpowered | Powered by CivicPlus  | Copyright Notices