1. Sprinklers: Don't water the pavement! Position sprinklers so that lawn and garden receive all of the water.
2. Driveways: Use a broom instead of a water hose to clear debris from patios, sidewalks and driveways.
3. Lawn Care: Deep soak weekly in the morning or evening when the least evaporation occurs. Also aerate your lawn on a regular basis.
4. Landscaping: Drought tolerant plants need less water. Mulch your garden to slow evaporation.
5. Mowing: Longer grass means less evaporation. Set your mower a notch or two higher in hot dry weather.
6. Car Washing: Use a bucket to wash your vehicle and keep a nozzle on the hose to save water.
7. Pool Care: Use a pool cover to keep the water clean and reduce the rate of evaporation. Recycle water for use on the lawn or garden.
8. Valves and Hoses: Regularly check pipes, hoses, valves and faucets for leaks.